St. Attractas Residence employs an activities team who coordinate and run a weekly program of activities to provide stimulation, entertainment, physical activity and fun for our residents.
Our program is wide and varied and we are always open to considering new options; some of the activities we currently run are listed below.
There are four members in our activities team two of whom are rostered on duty each day Monday-Friday.
Our activities staff are all formally trained in activities programs. An activities plan is created each week which is posted around the nursing home.
Activities Program @ St. Attractas Nursing Home
- Hand & Foot Therapy, Chiropody, Aromatherapy, Reflexology
- Arts & crafts, Knitting, Sewing, Crochet
- Weekly Live Music
- Seasonal parties
- Flower arranging
- Bingo, Quizzes, Puzzles
- Movie night
- Library, Reading, Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Poetry, Photo Albums
- Fit 4 Life Activity
- Sonas Sessions, Sonas Individual Sessions, Sonas Individual Multisensory Sessions
- Imagination Gym
- Hand massage
- Outdoor activities such as planting
- Day Excursions to local attractions
- Mass, Rosary, Angelus, Choir, Spirituality & Prayer Sessions
- Card games
- Garden parties
- Sing a longs
- Reminiscence Story Telling
- Advocacy Meetings
- TV/DVD, Films, Movies, Sports events
- In House shows