Job Title: Clinical Nurse Manager
Ref Code: CNM01
Reporting Reports to the Director of Nursing
- Provide direction and support to Staff Nurses and Health Care Assistants in the direct provision of care.
- Ensure the delivery of the highest standard of nursing care.
- Represent the nursing home as a Senior Manager and act with the best interest of the nursing home and its residents at all times.
- Display business & financial acumen and an appreciation of the requirements of the environment.
- Maintain awareness of the bigger picture and demonstrate business awareness when making decisions. Be proactive in seeking opportunities for improvements and embrace change.
- Act professionally in all situations.
- Display high levels of personal integrity and maintain confidentiality in all relevant aspects required of the role. Exercise discretion when dealing with issues and not discuss any issue regarding a resident or staff member inappropriately
- Be a leader in best practice when handling difficult situations which may arise with residents, staff or family members.
- Demonstrate leadership to all staff and be prepared to give feedback constructively when required. This will include delivering probation reviews and appraisals.
- Manage staff on the floor to get optimum results; Manage allocations, rosters and annual leave.
- Escalate situations when required and keep the owner/managers appraised of situations which develop.
- Take on additional work above the day to day management of the floor.
- Delegate tasks to staff as appropriate and follow through to ensure completion.
- Engender respect amongst staff whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- Train newer staff in the highest standards of care and give direction continuously to improve work standards. Work as a role model and work in a hands on capacity with sick or very frail residents.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and to demonstrate continuous professional development.
- Oversee the work of the nursing team to ensure completion and maintain broad awareness of the wider business requirements.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and present solutions to issues which may arise.
- Collaborate with staff nurses and Health Care Assistants in preparing and implementing resident care plans
- Ensure good communication with the multi-disciplinary care team.
- In consultation with Director of Nursing and other disciplines, implement and assess quality management programmes
- Collaborate with the Director of Nursing in preparing, implementing policies and procedures.
- Ensure the clinical practice within the home meets regulations and standards.
- Oversee nursing documentation to ensure it is comprehensively maintained and complies with record keeping requirements.
- Ensure medication management is compliant on a day to day basis with medication policies and procedures.
- Engage in clinical audit and monitoring to ensure care practices are robust and consistent with the nursing home policies.
- Ensure the overall practices of the nursing home meet health and safety, hygiene and cleanliness and fire regulations.
- Be responsible for delivering staff training as required
- All staff are required to establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
- Comply with the employee responsibilities as set out in the Safety Statement. Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- Nursing Qualification and Registration with An Bord Altranais
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Some supervision or management experience and proven track record in successfully leading teams.
- Previous study in gerontology or willingness to undertake further study in this area.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and clinical nursing practice together with future trends in Care of Older Persons
- Shows an understanding of current legislative policies pertinent to Care of the Older Persons.
- Suitable candidates must be person centred and understanding. They must demonstrate that they are caring, empathetic and sympathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Have excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Good multi tasker who can confidently and calmly manage situations which may arise and make informed decisions in best interest of resident.
- Demonstrate sound clinical knowledge.
- Work compassionately and with empathy with the residents
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and be flexible and adaptable. The role will require you to work flexibly covering rostered shifts of days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.