Job Title: Housekeeper
Ref Code: HKR01
Reporting Reports to the Nurse on duty
- While performing cleaning duties ensure that resident’s privacy and dignity are maintained
- All housekeepers carry out personal care duties on the morning shift to assist residents with their daily routine of getting up, washed, dressed, have breakfast etc.
- Maintain good resident care principles.
- Identify areas for cleaning within the nursing home and clean and service all areas of the nursing home including rooms, hallways, corridors, floors, corridors, walls, sluices, bathrooms, bedrooms, WCs, living spaces, offices, to the highest standards.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers as required.
- Sweep, scrub, buff, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment
- Wash wall areas as appropriate
- Replenish disposables such as hand towels, toilet rolls, bin liners, sanitizer, soap etc.
- Dispose of waste in accordance with waste control guidelines
- Follow best practice procedures associated with cleaning and control of infection
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is used correctly and then cleaned, and stored away after use
- Ensure chemicals are used correctly and stored appropriately
- To advise the Office Manager on ordering and storage of all cleaning and laundry products, ensuring adequate supplies at all times
- To complete appropriate cleaning records as required
- To work as a member of the care team on duty as required.
- All staff are required to establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
- Comply with the employee responsibilities as set out in the Safety Statement. Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- Previous experience cleaning is desirable.
- Suitable candidates must be person centred and understanding. They must demonstrate that they are caring, empathetic and sympathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Have excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively as a team player to enable the team to maintain the highest housekeeping standards at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and be flexible and adaptable.