Job Title: Staff Nurse
Ref Code: SN01
Reporting Reports to the Director of Nursing
- Ensure implementation of care plans for each resident in a timely manner and feedback any changes in the health of the residents to the Clinical Nurse Managers
- Collaborate with the Clinical Nurse Manager in preparing and implementing resident care plans and maintain own assigned care plans diligently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors
- Collaborate with residents and the multi-disciplinary teams to facilitate appropriate continuity of care
- Adhere to evidence-based practice, using a care planning approach to nursing care
- Participate in the development and implementation of the quality and safety management system
- Practice Nursing according to the professional code of An Bord Altranais and the policies and procedures of St Attracta’s.
- Participate as a team member of the multi-disciplinary care team in all aspects in the delivery of resident care.
- Lead the team on shift to ensure effective delivery of the highest standards of care. This may as required require giving staff feedback and guidance.
- Attend training courses both in-house and at other locations to meet and enhance the service being provided
- Key nursing responsibilities include: Administration of medication, Wound care, referral of residents to GP where required, maintaining relevant documentation.
- Link and support the activities of the Health Care Assistants, Housekeeping, activities and maintenance personnel.
- Attend mandatory training that is scheduled for you and ensure your training is fully in compliance at all times.
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Clinical Nurse Manager/ Director of Nursing.
- Comply with the employee responsibilities as set out in the Safety Statement. Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- All staff are required to establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
- The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive.
- Nursing qualification and current registration with An Bord Altranais.
- Previous experience with older people is desirable
- Suitable candidates must be person centred and understanding. They must demonstrate that they are caring, empathetic and sympathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Have excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership and guidance to other staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and be flexible and adaptable. The role will require you to work flexibly covering rostered shifts of days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.