The government has announced a roadmap to ease the current Covid 19 restrictions. The first big phase is on Monday, 18th May. This will be followed by a further lifting 3 weeks later on 8th June 2020 but it depends on numbers of positive cases not increasing.
Some of the main changes we hope to see on 18th May are:
- Up to 4 people who don’t live together can meet outdoors
- People can exercise in a group of up to 4 people
- Public sport amenities such as pitches, tennis courts and golf courses can be opened
- Outdoor spaces and tourism sites, such as beaches and mountain walks, will be opened
- A phased return to work can begin for outdoor workers such as construction workers and gardeners.
- Shops that are mainly outdoor can re-open with social distancing measures, for example, garden centres, hardware stores and farmers’ markets.
- Non-COVID-19 health services will be increased to meet demand
- Home childcare will be provided for the children of essential healthcare workers.
- School and college buildings will be opened for teachers to organise and deliver courses by remote learning.
For You as Residents:
The government at this time propose that normal visiting will not fully resume for nursing homes until 10th August 2020. We are monitoring closely the options available to enable your families to visit you before this time. We are so pleased that everyone at St. Attracta’s have remained safe to date. We want this to continue so we are being very cautious in letting visitors back into the house. We are considering other options so may be able to offer some form of restricted visiting in the coming weeks. We will keep you updated.
Big Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday to the following ladies who celebrate this birthdays during May: Kathleen Richardson, Bridie McCann and Kathleen Brennan
We want to take this opportunity to wish Emmanuel Kenny, Activities Coordinator a very special ‘big’ birthday….21 plus a little bit of VAT.
We hope you have a nice day of relaxing with some cake and many years of good health within which to throw a proper party!!
’And the people stayed home’
And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently.
And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.
And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.