What is Corona Virus/ Covid-19?
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. It can take up to 14 days for symptoms of coronavirus to appear. They can be similar to the symptoms of cold and flu. The government of Ireland have advised people to stay at home. All bars, restaurants, social gatherings, churches etc. are all closed.
What are we doing at St. Attracta’s to keep you safe?
- The staff are following strict hand hygiene protocols and wearing face masks/gowns/gloves/goggles in order to protect themselves and you from a possible transfer of this virus.
- Staff are being very vigilant about adhering to the rules of social distancing and are avoiding all situations outside work which could increase their risk of being exposed to the virus.
- We have had to introduce visitor restrictions and asked all your loved ones to stay away. We know how tough this is and we look forward to the day when we can return to our normal routines. We have set up a system of phone calls where you can see your loved ones on the phone/computer – this is called FaceTime so some families may avail of this.
- Residents are being physically distanced at all times possible. This includes at meal times, in the sitting rooms and some of you are being cared for in your bedrooms where suitable.
- You will be asked to practice excellent hand hygiene, washing and cleaning your hands frequently throughout the day.
Our activities team is made up of Emmanuel, Heidi and Michelle. Marie will be returning to us on 20th April. They continue to schedule and deliver a range of activities including 1:1 sessions, Sonas, Imagination gym, baking, arts and crafts, sing a longs, spirituality sessions, Mass is streamed live daily, Exercise Fit4Life sessions with trained staff, bingo, quizzes and in house hairdressing and make up. They will do their utmost to keep you active and entertained.
Who’s In Charge?
Alison Moore is our Director of Nursing and is here most days to ensure your care. She is supported by a truly wonderful team of nurses, carers, housekeeping, activities, catering, and laundry and administration staff.
If there is anything any of the team here can do to help you please ask.